Ismet Jarin has been working at Awaj Foundation as a Project Coordinator since 2014. She is currently managing the UP! project, funded by C&A Foundation, which seeks to improve working conditions, livelihood and quality of life for garment workers in Bangladesh.
Jarin has obtained a Bachelors and Master’s degree (majoring in Philosophy) from Jahangirnagar University in Dhaka. She has also completed a 1-year post-graduate diploma in Human Resources. In 2017, she completed a 6-month diploma in Social Compliance at the Bangladesh Institute of Management.
Since joining Awaj, Jarin has also participated in various trainings, workshops and seminars in Bangladesh and abroad, covering topics such as:
- Bangladesh Labour Law (2006)
- Social dialogue and good governance
- Project management and budgeting
- Proposal writing
- Democratic negotiation and conflict management
- Occupational safety and health
- Prevention of workplace harassment and violence against women.
- Feminist legal theory and practice
- Tools and tactics for campaigning
As a social worker, Jarin is passionate about serving people, especially women, and helping to develop their capacity to overcome obstacles they face in their lives.